LEARN TO USE SANKALPA: TRANSFORM YOUR LIFE AND FULFILL YOUR PURPOSE.
New Year is coming and we usually think about things that we would like to change or improve, decisions that become blurred as days and months pass by… is it familiar to you?
If this is also your case, how could we anchor those decisions and hold on to them, so that they really come true?
We propose you to start using SANKALPA from now on.
IDEA CREATED IN HEART AND MIND
WHAT IS SANKALPA AND HOW DOES IT WORK?
The word SANKALPA means idea or desire that we create in the heart and in the mind. It is a SOLID DECISION to fulfill a purpose, a resolution that is used to enhance some aspect of our life or our personality, or to get rid of some habit that we no longer want with us.
SANKALPA is a CONSCIOUS ORDER that penetrates the subconscious mind creating energetic waves directed to the pronounced, that return to the conscious and will manifest in our behavior.
SANKALPA is a POWERFUL TOOL to focus body-mind and harness willpower. It is the determination that precedes the actions. It is creative and is above ordinary thinking, since it activates the mind in a certain direction.
There is something almost magical in taking STEPS FORWARD, in trying to do something that we know will be very good for us or something that simply makes us very excited. In noticing that … “this is the time”.
There are many things in life that we can not handle, but many others, more than we believe, depend on our WILL. The strength we put on it.
Sankalpa’s attitude means “I am going to be determined, I may fall, but I will stand up and I will continue to hold onto my PURPOSE“.
DETERMINATION does not happened suddenly. The body and mind are charged with special waves that make a person sure of himself, determined and motivated.
HOW TO PRACTICE SANKALPA?
In Yoga Nidra, we repeat our SANKALPA three times at the beginning and three times at the end of the practice. If you do not go to a class, we suggest you practice it in any quiet place.
- Sit comfortably with your back straight.
- Inhale deeply and exhale slowly three times.
- Observe and connect with your breath.
- When you are calm, ask yourself:
- What is my deepest desire?
- What would make me happier?
- What would I like to change or improved?
- What do I want to leave behind?
- What do I want to get rid of?
- What do I want to enhance?
Observe what comes to the surface, from the heart. See if it also holds mentally. Stay present and give shape to the phrase, your SANKALPA.
It has to be a short and positive phrase, REPEAT IT 3 TIMES MENTALLY, feel it, visualize it and then let it go… GIVING THANKS.
This command, repeated in a state of relaxation, will be an order that the conscious mind gives to the subconscious mind, so that later it will manifests at a conscious level, bringing changes in our personality and in our life.
In the state of relaxation the Sankalpa easily penetrates the subconscious, strengthens the structure of the mind and gives strength to our potentialities.
- It must be a concrete and short phrase.
- It must be a positive affirmation (never focused on what I do not want).
- It must be in the first person, each one creates his own Sankalpa.
- It is very personal, only yours, do not share it with anyone (energy is dispersed).
- It can be applied to all aspects of life.
- It must be in the present tense.
- Create the phrase in your native language, in the language understood by your subconscious.
Repeat the same Sankalpa until it becomes a reality. Sometimes it is very fast, almost instantaneous, two or three days, sometimes it takes months.
For example, if you feel weak or sad you could change it by:
I AM BRIGHT, POWERFUL AND HAPPY!
This would be your Sankalpa for the next 21 days or three months.
Write your resolution on a piece of paper and keep it in view in the bathroom mirror, computer, where you see them constantly …. Always repeat it three times and be grateful, for example:
- Upon awakening in the morning and just before sleeping at night.
- Before meditating or at the end of a Yoga session.
- Before eating.
- When the mind is very scattered.
- When negative thoughts assail us.
- I have confidence, I trust in myself.
- I trust in Existence and I am grateful.
- I quit (smoking, drinking, eating) easily and I feel my will power.
- I trust in the power of my Inner Wisdom.
- I communicate clearly, with love and what I say inspired others.
- I awake my spiritual potencial.
- I feel physical and mental harmony.
- I develop my energy, love and knowledge.
- Success accompanies everything I undertake.
- I am brave to face difficulties.
- Joy fills my heart.
- I live with full awareness of my potentials.
- I am love and I give to love those around me.
KNOWING THIS, SO SIMPLE AND POWERFUL, WE CAN USE IT IN OUR FAVOUR TO IMPROVE THE QUALITY OF OUR LIFE.
Just try it, transform you life and fulfill your purpose.